About: Sam Santiago
- Role : Helping people thrive through the exchange of actionable diversity, inclusion and cultural learning experiences.
- Website : www.heart.org
Certified Diversity Executive (CDE), corporate social responsibility professional and ordained minister with 25+ years of corporate and nonprofit experience at community, national and international levels. Lead and consult with organizations in the areas of human capital development, stakeholder engagement, diversity and inclusion, volunteerism, nonprofit management, and faith, etc. by sharing “inspiring” practices aimed at successful outcomes aligned with organizational goals. Experience and skills include:
– Stakeholder engagement leader for development of partnerships with private, government, public, nonprofit, faith and sectors.
– Corporate and civil society work with minority communities involving workforce development, workplace environment, supplier diversity and multicultural marketing.
– Extensive experience in corporate and non-profit management and board leadership with organizations like the International Association for Volunteer Effort, the Global Corporate Volunteer Council, CNM Connect, Points of Light, the Business Council for the Arts, VolunteerNow, the (Dallas) Mayor’s Business/Art Initiative, the European Volunteer Centre, the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, etc.
– Experienced public speaker, master of ceremonies, voice over talent and ordained minister in English and Spanish with successful engagements in over a dozen countries in support of a variety of entities including the United Nations, Points of Light Foundation, YMCA, Junior League and the European Volunteer Centre.
– Executive Leadership Arts Certificate, Training Management Certificate, Nonprofit Management Certificate, Ordained Minister ULCM and Certified Diversity Executive (CDE) designation.
– Recipient: 2010 Earl G. Graves Award for Leadership, 2012 President’s Volunteer Service Award and 2014 Dallas CVB’s “BIG Influence.” In addition, 2016 Texas Diversity Council Award for Diversity Excellence in Healthcare and 2017 DiversityInc.’s Top 50 Regional List for the American Heart Association.